Kids Hiking Shoes

Put the KEEN Youth Skyline WP Shoe on your boop-scoop’s pattering peds before you head out for some playtime at the park or a walk in the leaves. KEEN combined the KEEN DRY waterproof lining to ensure random puddle don’t soak through with a breathable mesh to keep your little one’s feet from overheating. The Secure-fit lace capture system makes getting these shoes on and off a breeze, and the grippy, non-marking rubber outsole prevents slipping and sliding on wet surfaces.

We love these shoes, we bought them last year. They fit great, and my kid has wide feet. We bought them a little big, and are excited that they will fit this year too. I always have people ask me where I got them, and I tell them BC!!! I also love that we don't have to tie them, and also there is no way for them to become "untied". The waterproof feature is also a big plus!

Keens run small. I normally wear a children's 2.5 and ordered the 3 and it fits like a dream. I haven't tested its waterproof aspect yet but the shoe has excellent tread and is really confortable. It is a nice everyday shoe AND holds up for hikes too : )

We live in the rainy Seattle area - and have 5 VERY active kids. Our son used to spend the entire day at school in soaked shoes and socks because he would play so hard rain or shine at recess - now he STILL plays hard but his feet stay nice and dry! He also hikes in them and says they're some of the most comfortable shoes he's ever had - not sure how they'll hold up we usually replace his sneakers every 3 months or so. SO FAR FANTASTIC!

Was this helpful?
My son had no break in issues with them. Has done 10 mile days with me in them and wears them all the time because he thinks they are comfortable. They still have plenty of life left in them for the next generation. I will be getting another pair of these for my son soon.

Tread is the same as my larger vasque boots which have plenty of grip. Great boot which lasts a long time.
I need to get a pair of above the ankle, lace up, lug sole hiking boots for my daughter for a intro to caving tour....do these have a lug sole? I'm not really sure what a lug sole is and I am having a hard time finding a high quality hiking boot in such a small size. She wears a children's size 3 or a woman's size 5.

A "lug sole" would be anything that has an aggressive sole. Generally, the more aggressive the sole, the more traction. My 9-yr old daughter has a pair of these, and has used them for a couple of hiking trips. She likes them. They don't hurt her feet, she isn't slipping and/or sliding on wet/muddy trails, and as long as the water doesn't get higher than the 'collar'(of the boot) then her feet have stayed dry. No complaints from her equals no complaints from me! I hope this helps :-)

Very comfortable, no break-in period required! I wore them hiking the day after I got them. Also, they kept my feet warm and dry in below freezing temperatures and snow. Run true to size. (Review provided by my 11 y.o.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment